Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 18 Oct 2018 00:47

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008 14:35 
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has by pass the factory mitsu immobilizer? Im currently converting a 1.5 to 4G92 with mivec loom, but i heard some issue that if your using a diffrent ecu and immobilizer key readers dont match up the car would turn over and not actuall start. I think it disables the fuel pump or maybe spark, can someone suggest or share experiences about this? Mitsu charges heaps for reprogram down here.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008 17:10 
Administrator

What car are you transplanting into? I didn't think Mitsi offered factory immobilizers until much later...

As far as i'm aware, the transponder in the key is relayed to the ECU, so if you're replacing the ECU (with no factory immobilizer), it shouldn't matter.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008 04:59 
Damian wrote:
What car are you transplanting into? I didn't think Mitsi offered factory immobilizers until much later...

As far as i'm aware, the transponder in the key is relayed to the ECU, so if you're replacing the ECU (with no factory immobilizer), it shouldn't matter.

engine is going in to a CJ2A mirage, and it has a factory immobiliser. Or are you saying if the ECU came from a car with no immobiliser it will work?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008 09:27 

Factory immobiliser will be useless if you're transplanting a mivec engine in, as these don't have one, regardless of whether the car has one or not. So bin it really.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008 02:59 
brucie wrote:
Factory immobiliser will be useless if you're transplanting a mivec engine in, as these don't have one, regardless of whether the car has one or not. So bin it really.

really funny thing is i got a JDM CK4A loom and it has the immobiliser box ill take some pics

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014 04:33 

have similar question

my 01 space star has immo but its a box fitted behind center console. what does it do? ignition or fuel pump?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014 00:33 

Leave the immobilizer box where it is just use 4g92 dash loom if it has immobilizer wiring on it, also keep the key and barrel from the cj2 (1.5) and all should work no problem, but as lads saying 1.6 mivecs didnt have immobilizer, you probably have loom from 1.6 sohc ck4a.

Patryk (heavy) dont bother with that box, once you swap 4g92 in to your spacestar immobilizer wont be working any more.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014 02:15 

i know it wont be working but where should i plug fuel pump cable????