Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 22 Apr 2018 23:44

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oil Cooler Sandwich
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2018 05:11 

Hi guys,

Installed an oil cooler with a thermostatic oil sandwich over the weekend.

Part used was a cheapo oil cooler from Aliexpress, but build quality looked fairly good. However, i was led to believe that with a thermostatic sandwich installed, oil should warm up to operating temperatures at similar rate as without an oil cooler. Doesn't seem to be so though, warm up is insanely long. Takes between 5-10km before the oil even gets up to operating temperature. Personally feel that either the thermostat is faulty, or i installed it wrongly.

1. We had to remove the thermostat (spring and all) to fit an o ring, which was supplied but not installed. Could the spring etc be refitted wrongly?
2. Is there a specific way to fit the lines which run to the oil cooler? As in, with a thermostatic sandwich, does it matter which lines on the sandwich lead to which port on the oil cooler? On my attached photo, one port has a spring in it, the other has a brass/copper like element. Does it matter how the lines run to the oil cooler?

For anyone interested, this is the link to the thermostatic oil sandwich i am using.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Aluminum-Oil-Filter-Cooler-Sandwich-Plate-Adapter-AN10-80-Deg-176-F-Thermostat/515898_32666771336.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.213e40b9v2WS9L

Thanks!

Attachments:
sandwich.jpg
sandwich.jpg [ 86.7 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]