Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 16 Oct 2018 13:00

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 10:27 

Spetz wrote:
Looks good, is it carbon?

The spoiler and bonet are both carbon fibre. And hopefully soon (when funds allow) I'll have the roof replaced with a carbon fibre one too :D

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 14:44 

I have the mirrors from that set.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012 22:14 

nice car man,so preety

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012 23:42 

Will the roof be custom carbon fiber?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012 09:59 

It would be yes, but I'm in 2 minds about it atm.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012 12:46 

To be honest considering how cheap cars in the UK are I think it's never really a good idea to modify a car let alone spend lots of money on it.
I was going to ask earlier but felt maybe you would take it the wrong way.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012 20:50 

Why should the price of a car determine whether or not you should modify it ?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012 23:29 

Spetz wrote:
To be honest considering how cheap cars in the UK are I think it's never really a good idea to modify a car let alone spend lots of money on it.

It's never a good idea to modify cars. It's not like it is done to make money. It's a passion. Yes some people go out and piss money away at clubs or pubs. Some piss it away on other hobbies. Some like us spend it on a car as a hobby.

I have seen you post up questions on lots of forums about things that I think are irrelevant and not worth the time or money but although I don't post often I definitely never post anything negative like that.

Keep up the good work J-Man. And remember get a bigger turbo on there as the small turbine will strangle those cams. :)

Regards
Jason

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 00:57 

I didn't mean it in a negative or disrespectful way.

J-Man, I didn't particularly mean the price of the car owned, but rather the price of other cars available on the market.
If it costs more to put an Evo engine into a Colt, put decent suspension, bucket seats, wheels/tires etc on it than it costs to go and buy an Evo which has all that and then some, then isn't it anti intuitive?

Jayz-1, a lot of my questions are curiosity based, in the end of the day I would weigh things up before committing into a modification. For example when I installed the FTO motor into my car, it was cheaper to do so than to buy an FTO. Today this isn't the case so isn't it naturally I would not make the same choice.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 04:25 

Spetz wrote:

Cars r cheap but insurance ... :mrgreen: think those insurance people are insane, u would think that kids in England drive nice cars but they drive saxo's and other crap :mrgreen: and if u modify r car is far far worse ...

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 09:00 

Spetz wrote:
I didn't mean it in a negative or disrespectful way.

J-Man, I didn't particularly mean the price of the car owned, but rather the price of other cars available on the market.
If it costs more to put an Evo engine into a Colt, put decent suspension, bucket seats, wheels/tires etc on it than it costs to go and buy an Evo which has all that and then some, then isn't it anti intuitive?

Jayz-1, a lot of my questions are curiosity based, in the end of the day I would weigh things up before committing into a modification. For example when I installed the FTO motor into my car, it was cheaper to do so than to buy an FTO. Today this isn't the case so isn't it naturally I would not make the same choice.

I understand where your coming from, but for example with fiting the evo engine etc into a colt it would be a lot lighter than an evo, so in heinsight it would be quicker. So there are benefits to be made :D But i didnt go down the evo route as there are quite a few of them now. I wanted something unique that you dont hear much of, which is why i went for this engine build :D I know its not as cheap as just buying an evo, but thats the price you pay for being unique. Plus i can tell you now that the insurance for me owning an Evo 5/6 as standard is around £5K ! as i was looking into getting one, whereas im paying roughly £1600 with all mods declared for my car and its like no ther car on the road. I for one am alot happier with what ive got than haveing something that everyone else has :D Thats just my opinion :D

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 10:13 

Personally I would much prefer my modified car over a EVO.
I like things that are unique and different like J-Mans rather the the same as everyone elses.
Regards
Jason

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 10:17 

I understand both perspectives of course.
Modifying a car is a pleasure and in a way it somehow fills a void in life.

The reason I was asking is because I modified my car years ago when I was younger. I have left it, not driven for 4 years, and today I am faced with the option of continuing the project or parting/selling it for something better. It was my very first car and I love it, and have great sentimental value with it, but it just is not feasible any more financially considering how old/cheap the car is today.
I would like to build a 6A12/13 motor, but the cost of that motor (and other go fast bits) + the cost of the car itself will likely exceed the cost of something like a Nissan S15, or Evo V, and this is what I cannot really come to terms with.

Jayz, you are right, but there is nothing stopping you from modifying the Evo ;)
And with an Evo you're starting with an unbelievable base already.

btw, any pics of how your car is today? You still drive it or is it just a weekend car?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012 03:42 

very impressive compared to how it was when you starting modding this.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012 07:18 

Jayz-1 wrote:
Jman
What rear strut brace is that.
Regards
Jason

J-man wrote:
I'm not too sure in the make of it but I'm pretty sure that the fitment for a rear strut brace is from an Evo 1/2/3. I'm sure that somone will correct me if I'm wrong :D

It is the same as the Evo 1/2/3 and the GSR's :wink:

Sweet car J-man, she's a beauty

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next