Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 25 Nov 2017 03:42

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 19:03 

Hey all, i have a 94 cyborg hatch rally car with a fairly beefy worked 4G92 MIVEC, it is a great little racer but ive always wanted a bit more, I recently picked up a 92 lancer GSR with fried piston rings, im goong to do a hybrid turbo build (what a surprise) but i want more grip! So ive stripped this thing dry and have completely removed the rear floor pan, drilling all the spot welds, this obviously has the threads to mount the rear diff, what i am wanting to know is, has anyone actually done a AWD conversion on a cyborg before and will this rear floor pan fit in? I kinda want a bit of confirmation before i remove the floor pan of the cyborg. Cheers.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017 21:55 

The GSR floor pan fits the coupes perfectly but not the hatches from memory.

I think there's some fabrication required especially around the propshaft hanger bearing mounts etc.

If you have the sheetmetal there i'm sure you can graft the 2 together and make it work.
Certainly a few fwd mirages out there that have been converted to 4wd as the factory ones are so scarce.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017 15:18 

I'm also interested in this swap, Hoping to do a GSR engine and running gear into a CA4A Cyborg.

Any insight from the veterans would be greatly appreciated :)

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017 21:14 

Yeah the tunneling on the GSR chassis has 2 mounta for a draveshaft hanger bearing, was thinking of either going one piece tailshaft or custom tunneling, as long as the rear floor pan/ boot section will fit up nicely in thr car once the old pan is drilled and removed,

As for the engine im still wondering weithed i should do the 93t hybrid build or just throw the low comp 81mm gsr pistons in the mivec block and run some decent boost, as the engine has already had a fresh rebuild woth ACl race bearings and a ARP head stud kit,i still want to be able to rev high so shorter stroke will probably be a good idea, and being as light as it is i dont think ide have any issues,
Will be running:
TD05 16G turbo
609 evo AFM
510cc evo injectors
Walboro 255lph fuel pump
External oil cooler
FMIC
Standard 4G93T GSR engine loom
May run a standard evo 2 ecu because im cheap :)

Its basically goong to be an everything car, so i can throw a manifold with a TD04H with 36mm restrictor, disconnect the mivec solonoid and go race a rally event, then next weekend put the TD05 with manifold back on, connect mivec solonoid and race a track day or a drag event.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017 23:23 

Let me know how you get on with the floor pan.