Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 15 Nov 2018 14:49

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011 00:56 

I am about to mount a spot light pod onto my bonnet and wonder if someone has found quick retaining brackets to hold them on. I think there is something better than bolting through with an insert but i need to find it!!!

Thanks

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011 23:50 

i don't have the answer. But where do you get a light pod from?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011 00:35 

Got it second hand from a mate and needed a little tidy up, will hold 4 Hella rallye 4000 lenes. Should look good when on.
Are you chasing one, not that i have another one?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011 19:14 

If anyones still looking for a pod for there mirage the guy i just brought my car off said he got his from England somewhere - couldn't find any anywhere else apparently. Not sure who it was that he got the pod off but he did mention it cost him $400 for it including shipping. Only issue is when he put it on he's bolted it to the bonnet and front bar instead of putting pins in the front bar meaning with the light pod on you can't open the bonnet - one more of the things i need to change before i can get out there racing :roll:

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011 09:50 

Bolts through the bonnet is the best way. Get 'nutserts' and put them into the bonnet so you dont have to do like me and fight with nuts and bolt with the bonnet open and the heavy lamp pod on it. With the nutserts all you need to do is place the pod on the bonnet and screw in the bolts.

I currently use a short bungie cord to secure the front of the bonnet to the front tow hook. This stops the bouncing you get on rough roads. My next mod will be a pair of trunk springs attached to the sides of the lamp pod with the hooks mounted through the bumper and into the bumper stay.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011 15:19 

Location: Making things Dirty =;-P (Auckland care of muddy gravel roads)
Kirby,

We are going to be looking at making a bonnet with LED lights for stages we need lights.

something like these - http://www.cree.com/products/xlamp_xml.asp / http://www.cree.com/products/xlamp_xpe.asp

and have different styles for different applications - pencil beam for long straights, wide angle side mounted for roadside lighting, standard angle for headlight improvements.

It would make a lower profile and would use much less power than 4 x 1000w rally lights...

I made it to trackday...