Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 23 Aug 2017 17:12

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spamalot
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013 09:54 
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for all the spam recently. Those nasty spambots have found their way past our defenses and are unfortunately having a field day.

NOTE: If you are trying to join Mivec.co.nz and keep getting banned, I apologise. Currently, I can't tell the difference between a spambot and a genuine user, so if you don't want to get banned try joining with a username like 'JohnNOTSPAM'. We can change your username later on.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Post subject: Re: Spamalot
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013 19:00 
Administrator

If you have received your activation email, but your account has not been activated yet, please reply to the activation email and request activation. There are SO many obvious spambot registrations that unless you reply to the automated email your account will not get activated.

I might try self email registration again. I don't want to make it 'too' hard to post with countermeasures for every post but the spambot problem is huge.

Waikato@Heart - supporting heart kids through life
Bart Dinger Electronics

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]