Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 24 Jan 2018 04:52

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010 21:41 

prework
study the ecu wiring http://webhost1.inspire.net.nz/~alphaspr/MIVEC
remove the key lock cable from the shifter to the key barrel (you can now remove the key while still in drive so be careful when starting the car. Make sure it is in N or P)
unplug auto ecu short the gearbox switch so its always in park so the car can start just to test and then put it back to normal. (I used half a paperclip and its still in there doing its job :lol: )
drill firewall for clutch master cylinder and fit new pedals and clutch master cylinder

Up to here the car is still drivable and auto but it has a clutch pedal and will pass a WOF in NZ
I even had the clutch lines cable tied to the strutbrace and got one at VTNZ !

The below took 8 hours for me alone with no clue when i started. requres just a few basic tools
I'd recommend two people to make getting the auto box out and manual in easy. But i was a bit bored and house sitting with an empty garage filled with tools and it seemed like a good ideal at the time.

unplug the auto ecu and remove. (it covers the shift cable hole)
short the gearbox switch so its always in park so the car can start and tape over plugs (or use manual loom)
replace the gearbox reverse switch plug as is different pin count (or use manual loom)
unbolt torque convertor through plate at bottom of engine then remove gearbox (makes a very big mess, you can leave the driveshafts attached to the hubs)
replace shifter cables and shifter with manual ones
replace gearbox and connect cables and wiring
bleed clutch and test cluch works

Drive manual car around.
not a good idea at 2am

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011 18:24 
Hi there,

Im looking at doing this to a 1995 mivec lancer, how much roughly did it cost you for the manual conversion parts? Cheers