Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 27 May 2018 15:06

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014 04:21 

Hey Guys,

My car needs a new Front right Shock absorber due to leakage for the "APK" (Dutch annual car inspection)

Now I have been able to find new shocks of Kayaba (read about these in another Topic) and have ordered these

MR197447
KYB:334194

MR197448
KYB:334193

Problem is these will come in in about 4 / 5 weeks (and my car needs to be checked in 2 weeks)

Are there any other Shocks that will "kind of" Fit ? My mechanic seems to think the 88 - 92 Galant has similar shocks, but I was wondering in anybody else has any thoughts here...

Hope you guys can help me out a bit

Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014 14:21 

Evening Thijs.
Part numbers posted by me in the other topic no doubt :lol: Did you order from Camskill?

You should be able to fit in 96-00 Colt/Lancer 1.3/1.6 shocks and springs just to get you through the test. They'll be soft and spongy, but they'll pass the test and make the new shocks feel all the better once they're installed. Local scrapyards will surely have something of the likes?

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2014 00:42 

Mitsubitchy wrote:
Evening Thijs.
Part numbers posted by me in the other topic no doubt :lol: Did you order from Camskill?

You should be able to fit in 96-00 Colt/Lancer 1.3/1.6 shocks and springs just to get you through the test. They'll be soft and spongy, but they'll pass the test and make the new shocks feel all the better once they're installed. Local scrapyards will surely have something of the likes?

Hello Again! we tried fitting CJ4A (Normal 1.6) Shocks but these dit not fit my ZR. are there no other shock compatible(ish) we can try ?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2014 12:43 

Normal colt shocks have a smaller diameter spring. EVO 1-6 shocks will fit as will Proton Satria Gti, Coupe or 1600 Persona/Compact/Wira ones.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014 05:50 

thijs_tmk wrote:
Mitsubitchy wrote:
Evening Thijs.

Hello Again! we tried fitting CJ4A (Normal 1.6) Shocks but these dit not fit my ZR. are there no other shock compatible(ish) we can try ?

Yup, that's why I said shocks and springs (together). Plenty info. above anyway.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014 12:48 

I'm guessing when you say it doesn't fit you are meaning the bolt pattern at the top of the shock?

Its easy enough to swap over the current top plates if you have a 3 bolt setup and 2 bolt top plates on the new shocks

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014 20:55 

Further to what I put above about compatible shocks, whilst those I list above will fit there are two styles of anti roll bar set ups, am not sure where your drop links will mount, to the strut or the bottom arm, of the Proton ones only the Gti ones mount to the strut, as I recall only evo 2 & 3 of the evo ones do likewise others mount on the bottom arm. I've removed my arbs so not something I normally give much consideration to.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 20:20 

Mitsubitchy wrote:
thijs_tmk wrote:
Mitsubitchy wrote:
Evening Thijs.

Yup, that's why I said shocks and springs (together). Plenty info. above anyway.

i can verify that this recommendation would work. but you need to use the whole shock and spring assembly