Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 20 Oct 2018 13:00

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2013 05:41 

Just a quick one. So i am thinking of fitting Evo 4 front lower control arms and the front anti roll bar as a suspension upgrade as they are not too expensive out of the scrape yard. I understand our normal Gen2 knuckles won't fit without modifying the ball joints(can anyone advice if this is a big job) so i have to use the Evo 4 knuckles. Problem is, i would like to carry on using 15 inch wheels in a 4x100 config. Can this be done, and how?

Also what big brake kits are open to us gen 2 guys? Nothing from china/taiwan and the likes. Perhaps something from Brembo/Alcon/PFC?

I just thought of something. Can i use Evo 3 arms/knuckles, and then fit the anti roll bar from Evo 4? I don't like the idea of the mount on the strut; and aftermarket Evo 3 coilovers are... hard to get now.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2013 11:28 

You can still run the evo 4+ front struts with your current knuckles/arms. If you want the cast steel lower arms it does get a little more complicated as like you say the evo 2/3 mounted the swaybar to the strut so the arms don't have the mounting points. It would be a lot of work adapting the 4 arms to your knuckles... probably easier to drill and tap some evo 3 arms and fit a bracket to mount the sway bar to.

Theres no reason you couldn't change to all evo 4 bits but you'd have to fit your 4x100 carriers into the evo 4 knuckle.

As for brake upgrades... you really are limited with the 15 inch wheels. If you upgrade to evo 1-3 twin pot calipers and discs it should be more than ample to pull up a light car if you run good pads and fluid. There's a guy on the UK evo123 forum called Freakyparts who does all manner of brake kits for mitsi's at fairly sharp prices including upgrades that fit in 15 inch wheels.