Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 18 Oct 2019 01:34

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006 13:09 
Hey joey, them AEM bypass valves cause you to lose approx 3 hp across the power band...still interested :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006 14:35 

4g93mivec&ross,
You can drive down to Singapore and visit McWell Ventures. They do have the AEM bypass valve.

You can also buy the Piper Cross filter systems for your quads. Brand new prolly around RM$400 for 4. You can get it from our Trial Tuning Spirit shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007 18:34 
good info here

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 22:06 
Glad to have found this....

Any part number for the EVO4 Timing Belt?

Great Info!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2007 04:58 
Hi all, we are doing a conversion here in Jamaica and bumped into a problem with the timing belt.
Setup is a gen2 mivec head and 4893(GDI) bottom from galant.
Tried using the 159 teeth 29mm belt but it is too long with stock tensioner.
Did anyone have to change the tensioner to get theirs to fit?
Also tried a used 156 teeth 29mm from 1800 GSR, it seems like the right size but the bracket for the engine mount did not fit.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2008 05:42 
back on topic again.
i am currently putting together an 1800 mivec of the gen 2 version.
same as matronyx i have found the 156 tooth belt too short and 159 belt too long for use with the stock tensioner arm and pulley wheel,engine mount bracket is in the way quite drastically.
any of you guys got an idea of what i need to be using or is it a case of changing the idler wheels for something smaller/bigger?

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 17:10 

here is my 4g93t mivec engine with 159 teeth supra belt installed

u have to slightly adjust the tensioner pully for it to fit perfect

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008 07:29 
looking at your photo there,you seem to have far too much protrusion on the tensioner itself.for it to be tensioned correctly the space you have should be at least half of what i can see.
anyway thats a damn sexy engine you have and is making me rather jealous i must admit

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008 15:44 

the belt is tensioned well

so far i have ran 9 psi at the car and no mishaps so far

please explain what you mean

from my experience with the 7mgt3 belt the tensioner has to be slightly adjusted for it to tension right

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008 06:11 
what i mean is if you look at the length of the rod coming out of the hydraulic tensioner to the pulley arm it is far too long from what i can see in your photo.
for it to be right and the belt have the correct tension applied to it the distance from the end of the hydraulic tensioner to the pulley arm must be between 3.8mm and 4.5mm.any less and it's too tight,any more and it's too slack.
given the expensive nature of the mivec engine this is definately something you do not want to get wrong.even more so with your motor

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008 08:04 

ok thanks for the heads up

is this info with these specs for the tensioner in the manual or anything?

so basicly the 7mgte belt is too slack on my engine?

will baby the car until i investigate what your telling me

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008 08:17 
Administrator

The 'tension' isn't affected by how far out the auto tensioner is. The auto tensioner just applies pressure. However, by initially not adjusting the idler pulley tight enough before the pin is pulled on the autotensioner, you risk that any belt stretch will cause the autotensioner to fully extensded, which in turn could result in the belt coming loose/off.

Just compress the autotensioner and put the lock pin back in. Then adjust the idler pulley so the belt nice and tight, then pull the lock pin out. If done properly, the autotensioner will have barely moved.

Waikato@Heart - supporting heart kids through life
Bart Dinger Electronics

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2008 08:06 
Bart wrote:
Just compress the autotensioner and put the lock pin back in. Then adjust the idler pulley so the belt nice and tight, then pull the lock pin out. If done properly, the autotensioner will have barely moved.

doesn't work on the gen 2 1800 mivec tho.like i mentioned before,the 156 tooth belt is too short to fit and the 159 is too long to even get any kind of tension on it.
i'm looking into different idler pullies now that bolt to the head.if i find one thats right i'll post it up here.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2008 13:04 

156 Tooth Belt with a R33 Skyline Idler pulley.
Bit tight but havent had a problem in a few years with it.

Thank you
Jason

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2008 19:55 
you my good man are a bloody legend.if i ever get over there the beers are on me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next