Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 18 Aug 2018 19:59

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 20:37 
Looks not bad mate, but mine still look much better ! :P ehhehehehee j/k

Post subject: WOW!!!
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 21:33 
hai CIT!!

how nice engine.. plz halp me.. tell me how to progress my engine?... what injector u used?... fuel Pump?.. what's intercooler u used?.... help me mivec cifu...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 11:05 
You can use EVO (550cc) injectors or VR4 (440cc) or GSR (390cc), they all direct fit, maybe have to change the plug, coz GEN 1 and 2 are running different plug. You can use walbro intank or borsh 040 intank pump. Or you can use Borsh external pump, eg 044, 984 and etc. There are plenty of coolers you can use. Like EVO, VR4, or any aftermarket one, just make sure they got good decent size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 15:26 
hi ken...mine turbo is already TD05..and so far no lag...too big is not very good though coz i think lag will come....

and ben said is right....get thehose change to red one... but still this is a superb looking engine....but wonder what is the total cost you spend cit???

your are getting a transparent cover for the cam pulley cover right...and seems like your banana (not yours) is paint finished and not stainless steel...think colour will fade when engine start???? better to wrap it with the thermal wrapper..at least your engine bay wont be too hot...mine is standard GSR cast iron...hence too hot...

also where is your oil cooler...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 15:31 
cit..

how much in (USD) are you getting the piston (CR9.1) as your first pict?
the conrods? and gasket? twhat the thickness anyway...

my 9.5 cr piston now goes to standard 0.7bar boost only..so with the above, what is the boost expected??

higher boost..higer power...

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 15:48 
TD-05 is not that big mate, thats why u not making power after 7000rpm, as turbo is already out of flow efficiency. i am running GT35R on my 1.6l mivec 1 :twisted: My comp is 8:5:1, forge internals and etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 15:58 
any turbo lag..using GT35R??? with 1.6L???
what is the boost you can go max with 8.5CR??

what is the boost you are running and whats the rate horse and torque you are getting now??

maybe should fix twin turbo for higher rev....hee hee..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 22:41 
Of coze have lag on 1.6. But no lag no big hp. I cant really tell u what exact hp its making now, as I dont have time to finish my whole setup, coz I always changing around, hehehehee. It dpends what fuel are you going to use. If you going to use race fuel, I can run more than 30psi +, as my engine is built to handle that psi. My Turbo Smart Eboost allow 3 boost setting, I will run 14psi as low, coz I have changed 14psi external wastegate spring, then 19 and 24 on pump fuel. Or abit less. Coz pump fuel (optimax) in aust only 98 octane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 02:34 
hi guys,

what type of gear box fixed and suitable used 4 mivec turbo?? could anyone help me? other Mivec 1.6 gearbox, GSR gear box or etc....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 16:49 
Well, I am using factory mivec box with rallyart LSD. you can use 4wd box and convert it to fwd, most of the time that gear box damage is the driver behaviour. If you want a strong box, you can get the dog box made up, but dont expect its going to becheap. Also get a good clutch with it.

1 of the CE lancer (gen2) 1.8 Sohc with GT30 turbo have made 300kw at the wheels, and he did 11.6 with 131mph (on slicks tyres). He used factory 1.8 box with none LSD, the box is still fine, no damage at all.

if you always do burm out or launch, then dont expect your box will last long. just dont drive like a dickhead, take the box nice and gentle, then it will last long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006 18:47 
update.....drove the car with the tdo4 turbo and it was SWEET.........so i bought more stuff :roll:

CIT CARBON FIBRE PLUG COVER & PEARL FINISHED TOP PAN

Stainless Steel Manifold and Upgraded intercooler.........if you look close it goes from the top of the bumper to the bottom :oops: now ain't that just sexy

BYE BYE TD04.............. Hello T3/T4

46mm External Wastegate Kit with Stainless Steel Dump Pipe :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2006 21:25 
HI Cit,
I have to say this is the finest engine setup i have ever seen.
You have put both money and effort to it.
Salute to you,btw you do have a high-end alarm to protect it right!

Are u gonna show us your dyno?
Cant wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2006 22:40 
Gen1 Mivec Turbo :twisted:

Show us your little boost on the dyno pic :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006 15:17 
as a staunch starlet guy...i came here to see ur project as directed by a mivec friend of mine..and im forced to say..this is a class job...class b class

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006 17:48 
well guys we have a starlet guy on the forum.........welcome dude...thanks for telling me your mind.i assume you are from barbados maybe we should get together and see what's what..........I'M NEVER TO BUSY TO SPANK A STARLET :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next