Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 15 Aug 2018 21:47

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2013 07:09 

This thing is amazing! I've been dreaming of the 4G92 Mivec engine since i've owned my CE Coupe, it's been 5 years almost and I still don't have one in it :'(

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2014 10:20 

Awesome car!

PostPosted: 19 May 2014 02:50 

Any updates to report?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2014 00:56 

The mirage has had a few tweaks mainly with timing and made 161kw @ Wheels and 204nm torque @ wheels which is the best it has ever done, have had the car corner weighted, equal length driveshafts fitted and im now running custom front arms that makes the geometry better as I was getting bump steer, feels very strong, did Surgery Sprints @ Manfield on the 25th May (First time out in the car properly on the track) Car handled really well and did a 122.7 which I was pretty happy with, stayed up with a couple of EVO track cars, a new GT3 Porsche and cleaned up a Ferrari F430 challenge, was one of the top 10 cars there amongst 50 cars (all track cars) was a great day, car lasted all day and never left the track, have a couple of pics from the day, that bottom one was when I was lined up to go out with the GT3, the Porsche was quick and managed to pull a best of 122.3 so about half a second faster than the mirage :D Next thing on the list is 3 inch exhaust as I think that's what I believe is restricting the top end :?

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014 21:53 

Good on ya Cam. Great to see the car finally have a good outing and start to show some of the potential. :D

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2014 04:24 

I check in pretty much every month basically just to see if this has been updated... give us more!!! :D :twisted:

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2015 09:11 

Small update, havnt spent anytime in the last 6 months on the car since racing until recently, decided to purchase the last Racefab part they make that fits the mirage, Racefab custom rear trailing arms, they do away with the toe arm and allow me to run a wider tire without any rubbing issues (good for the future) That was the easy part, because these are made for EVO 3 with EVO 5 hubs, I had to mix and match rear hubs to stay 4 stud and to use FWD rear hubs, also installing the EVO 5 rear brembo brake and handbrake was fun, almost done now, pics of me trial fitting handbrake/disc/caliper arrangement. The rear brakes are now 300mm 2 pot caliper, I have just managed to squeeze these under my 15 inch wheels :D

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2015 22:17 
Administrator

I think it's about time you gave up on all this Mivec malarkey and just sell your Mirage to me for a pittance :P

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015 13:06 

:lol: Have you still got your sedan? I loved that car.

It still continues, i want to build another engine for it in the background, but unsure which one to do. Has to be turbo (and ideally Mivec)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015 10:47 
Administrator

Yes, the black beast is still going, but she's really showing her age these days.

Personally, I think the engine is fine. It's the bodies we need to change. Something like this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/special ... 209927.htm

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015 19:25 

:lol: I agree, hard to kill that. That's not so good to hear about the Lancer, I understand though, next year my mirage is 20 years old :shock:

PostPosted: 31 May 2016 17:57 

Thought I should do an update as its been a while, I have changed the evo bottom arms for custom racefab ones and moved to EVO 6 uprights it took us ages to get the bump steer correct as it was really bad after fitting all the lower custom tubular arms and EVO 6 uprights (with custom long balljoints) We had to put the steering rack tie rod ends on the underside of the knuckle not on the top like factory to get the steering angles correct. The new arms run a huge amount of caster, a lot more track again and don't have any bushes at all in them so the feeling on the track is quite different and the last track day I did it became apparent I needed wider and better tyres on the front, so im now running 15x8 225/45/15 Hankook Slicks (15x7 205/50/15 rears the same tyre) I havnt had a chance to run these yet as I have had to get custom front wide guards made to fit the wheels under, they are just about finished the Mirage will be back to me in 2 weeks, im getting the custom guards made of Carbon so I think they will look good when finished and be light :D
Test day with a friend of mine who had just purchased this DC5R Enduro car (Mirage as old suspension setup and tyres)

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2016 01:46 

Nice work Cameron.

What kind of events do you attend to?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2016 22:36 

I want to get into hill climbs and street sprints there is a really good one here in Wellington in October called Port Road, but previously I've done the surgery sprints which is Motorsport dual car sprints and just a few basic track days.

Just need to keep getting more seat time to get the times down at Manfield

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016 04:22 

great build sir cameron!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next