Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 26 Aug 2019 18:06

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:36 

Thanks for that. They have got one more chance to get it right and if they fail then me and the insurance company will be 'chatting' about where to take her next. I'm going to be one very very grumpy girl if they don't get it right this time though!

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:51 
Administrator

Go Chelles!

Don't accept anything less than perfection. That's what they're paid to do...

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 21:24 

Damian wrote:
Go Chelles!

Don't accept anything less than perfection. That's what they're paid to do...

Sure did, not cheap either. Perfection is what I expect in all things :lol:
I've already had to give them a list of 'mess-ups' and get my calm stern voice on.

Meant to have her back on Friday... will see how she is.
:o)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009 00:02 

And a little girl waits...

The panel beater/painters are so very very disappointing. I still don't have my car back and it will be next Thursday before I have her.
I have discovered that this particular trade shop couldn't do a professional job if the lives depended on it! (or as we say here in New Zealand - they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery) It will be a month by the time I get her back. All they had to do was panel & paint passenger rear guard and roof then paint front bumper and drivers side rear guard. Hrmmm lets see if they can get it right second time around.

Anyways, she'll be pretty when she come home (well she bloody well better be :evil: )

Chelles :)

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009 19:14 

Hrmmm
Well... it seems when you can't match paint colour you just repaint the entire car!! (apart from the fibre glass bonnet because that might react when you paint it, and not the tailgate of the hatch)
Thanks to the Body Stable in Miramar Wellington I now have a closed door paint job on 85% of my car. :evil: The bonnet and tailgate are a different shade of white and when you open the doors and the hatch the blending of colour is zero. I'm not too happy as I had no idea that they were going to paint the car to attempt to cover up their previous errors. Have a technical assessor coming to look at the car on Wednesday to see what he thinks and to answer some of my tech questions about what one should expect when an insurance company paints a car.

I am not a happy girl when it comes to attitude of the insurance company's assessor or the workmanship on the car. grrrr... Fun times ahead.

Chelles :)

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009 11:59 

Location: Making things Dirty =;-P (Auckland care of muddy gravel roads)
same thing happened with andrea's rs... the painted color was a difference shade of white to the rest of the car...

I made it to trackday...

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 18:55 

She's back and she is finished!! :mrgreen: (and I'm almost happy with the job - after three goes)

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 20:02 
Administrator

Meh. Prefer this one actually...:P :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 09:59 

i could see chelles in that... Hand in the air, fist waving, yelling at people to get out of the way...

I made it to trackday...

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 10:14 
Administrator

mint :lol:

Waikato@Heart - supporting heart kids through life
Bart Dinger Electronics

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2009 22:01 

Damian wrote:
Meh. Prefer this one actually...:P :lol:

Damian that is totally magic. I love it!!! :mrgreen: I think its the love-hearts on the back that does it for me aye. :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009 17:55 

A bit of an update:
I have been having issue with the gearbox of late which those of you who know me will have heard me swearing about it on race day.

Well... it turns out that I have managed to wear out the gear-set; the teeth have all been rounded off. I thought (and others) that the syncho's were trashed which was causing the graunching problem when selecting gears, however I wasn't totally convinced as it wasn't just one or two gears but the whole range.

I took it to the Gearbox Factory in Auckland and the problem suck out right away apparently. It’s an issue sometimes seen with extra close ratio gear-sets like mine and is often facilitated by poor oil choice and just general high rev gear changes. The oil in question is apparently is EzyShift by Mitsi... if you have anything that is after market about your gearbox don't use, it I'm told. It’s not designed for the extra ordinary situation created by modifications and oils such as Motul, Penrite & Redline (some) are what is required.

Ahh the things you learn when you consult an experienced professional!
Box will be going back in next week sometime to see if the machining fix has worked along with the new LSD :) Fun times!

Other stuff:
The car has now clocked 90,000km :shock: has taken me five years to do 40,000km. :lol:
I gave her a birthday with new cambelt, water pump (and all the goodies that go in that area) along with other the belts replaced, all the fluids, fuel filter and new spark plugs! So with her new paint job, total service and pending rebuilt gearbox shes just like new one! :D

Random pic's of engine...
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Finally the mank that came out of my fuel filter!

Big thanks to Cam for the work done :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009 08:39 

Thats a bugger about the gear set, and surprising to hear about the e-shift oil but duly noted. Would be a fair guess though that the most worn set of gears were put in the car when it was sold from japan aye. So probably wouldnt have mattered if you ran golden syrup in the box by time it got here. :?

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009 09:44 

Chelles another very very good brand = Silkolene

Mainly used in the racing motorcycle world but also used by a lot of car racers... again not cheap, but why cheap out when it's things that prevent bigger costs later...

Race fuilds for a Racecar...

One of the targa competitors i know saw a 20degree drop in oil temps switching to Motol 300V CHRONO

I made it to trackday...

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009 17:45 

Chook wrote:
Would be a fair guess though that the most worn set of gears were put in the car when it was sold from japan aye. :?

All the gears had the same wear on them, including the new one we put in it. The wear has happened in the time that I've owned the car.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next