Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 18 Nov 2018 00:31

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2008 21:30 
Lol, putting a big towel will increase the curiosity more. I think items like oil pressure and oil temps do not need to be at drivers eye view at all times.. You can locate them at your steering column area near the coin box area. I see that your car already have the ori mitsu gauges.. aren't those good enough already?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008 03:57 

The original mitsu meter only the boost meter (i used it as vacuum meter) and the volt meter working...the middle one watertemp not working. So i got my self the defi meter but the defi meter didn't comes with the oil tem sensor adaptor. Thats the disadvantage of the getting a used parts. I will try to check to see whether there is any room at the coin box area near the stering column

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2009 02:42 

Found that my old plug 2of it got sludge on some of them. and one of it got rusty whle the last one is still in good shape

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2009 13:10 

Looks like your spark plug seals need replacing

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009 07:50 
Hi. i'm in kch too. can you tell me where u got your rear anti roll bar and brackets and the price? dunno where to find in kch :(

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009 15:30 
hi darkwizard, did u join last saturday nite n super sunday at kch? i didnt saw ur car there.. my engine got knocking once mivec open arnd 5.5k rpm n after 6k o above the knocking sound wil less o gone.. izzit my engine fine?

* where u grab the defi meter dude? i wish to own mine also..hehehe

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009 02:32 

alpinestar wrote:
hi darkwizard, did u join last saturday nite n super sunday at kch? i didnt saw ur car there.. my engine got knocking once mivec open arnd 5.5k rpm n after 6k o above the knocking sound wil less o gone.. izzit my engine fine?

* where u grab the defi meter dude? i wish to own mine also..hehehe

Haha...saturday night yes i did go to bako to see see only...Not driving mivec there as my mivec is sick. (Spark plug problem, fuel injector might need to send to cleanning, leaking oil from the cam cover, yesterday start to have battery flat (cannot store electric power for long thus after overnight cannot start the engine) and worst of all Water Temp shoot till 96~97 degree C on hot afternoon and aircond not cold.

This engine serve me well. Now clocked at 238, xxx Km. Gonna do full overhaul if i can find the pricing right and the expert people to do.

Here is the water temp at night: (normal mivec can kick in temp is in the range of 70 degree C and above.)

The defi meter grab from friend who sell it 2nd hand to me...

Your engine knock at 5.5K rpm thats not going to be normal....need to send to do tunning. How did you control your mivec kick in high cam on your 1.8 engine? you use any aftermarket stuff to control it of use Mivec-MD original ecu?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009 02:37 

naechte83 wrote:
Hi. i'm in kch too. can you tell me where u got your rear anti roll bar and brackets and the price? dunno where to find in kch :(

I got mine from NB motor (half cut shop) and do some DIY sand down and respray using cheap paint (RM9.90 per bottle) i spray 3 layer on it thus when not enough gold paint i use silver paint for the bracket. Halfcut rear antiroll bar did not comes with screw to hold the bracket to the chasis.

It cost in the region of RM150 to RM250 range depending on conditions of the stuff. Since mine the lower arm already change new last time thus i only take the anti roll bar, bracket, dog-bone link joint.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009 22:41 

Since water temp always rise above 90 degree C even at cold night, in the end, i go and buy my mivec an aftermarket all aluminium radiator.

My OEM DENSO Japan Radiator (So slim and singgle channel)

Aftermarket Thicker (EVO3 All Aluminium Radiator):

Aircond Fan housing grinded off a little as the radiator too thick causing the fan housing to rub against the exhaust header cover:

The finish product:

Now the water temp max at 85 Degree C after a few round of high rev and at 75 degree C on normal drive.

New problem discovered...worn out absober mounting plate (OEM):

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009 03:36 

Today my new Gasket kit ordered few days ago arrive at my door step:
Item:

Open up:

Notice the Spark plug head cover seal is slightly different looking (Blue color Silicon "O" ring seal):

Zoom in the part number:

Still got a few other things not yet order....wait till month end before proceed to buy:
In the Wish list:
1. Timing Belt Kit
2. Water pump
3. ACL Bearing (Main bearing)
4. Connecting rod pin
5. Piston ring set.
6. New Set of spark plugs...looking for 2 tips like the original one...
7. OEM Mivec Injector "O"ring seal

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2009 03:40 

Today 23 Oct 2009 additional items arrived.
Timimg belt, 2 koyo timing belt bearing, 3 NOK bearing seal + 2nd set of Mivec head Gasket kit (My 1st set used on another car)
The seal:
The timing belt kit bearing1:
Bearing 2:

The timing belt:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2009 23:57 

Today new stuff arrives... :lol:

Packages in black box arrived....

Items review:

More stuff to come...untill then i will update here when times come.
Cheers.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2009 13:46 

Skynet delivery screw up with the parts i order. (As confirmed by the delivery boy, the package swapped).... now they are doing something about it to undo the swap...

The list of custom declaration/customer release purpose form comes with the packages list the correct parts send out by seller.

Then when i open it up to see it was different stuff from what listed on the declaration form:
here is what comes inside the packages that swapped:
4X 81mm 8.0 compression ration 4AGZE ceramic coat piston kit
1 Box of 81mm Piston ring set Rik from Japan for the piston,

Picture:

Repack back and send back:

screw the Skynet guys for poor service....

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009 00:27 

After one week...finally my package arrive.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009 11:23 

good job friend what is the number part of the pistons and how much it costs thanks 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next