Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 17 Aug 2018 19:53

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: 00 Lancer Mivec
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2006 04:45 
Alrite everyone im new to the site since buying the car i have put clear front indicators and a new gear knob on it i have clear side repeaters coming and im still waiting to find good strut braces for the car and im looking at getting koni yellows and some good springs any advice on springs would be appreciated and any idea's what alloys would look well on the car i have been looking at buddy clubs and Rota rims but cant make my mind up on which ones will look well :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2006 10:14 

Location: Making things Dirty =;-P (Auckland care of muddy gravel roads)
eibach spings are my personal fav.

Also can you please change the name of the tread to state year and model

i.e. 1997 Mirage RS etc....

If you can pm me a link for the wheels i can photoshop them onto the car for you... would take 5 min

I made it to trackday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2006 21:08 
sorry its been changed and i was looking at eibach spings they are expensive but i have heard good things about them

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2006 12:15 

spax i know do adjustable dampner kits that come with springs. they are basically a coilover without the height adjustment. i think it's the psx range or something like that.

when i do the wheels is there any changes that you want done to the car, i.e. tints, new grill, etc... so you can see what it might look like before you do it?

i've rebuilding the pc at home this week so i can start working on them soon. if you want bodywork mods no matter how suttle let me know, oh can i grab the high res versions of your car pics? they are nice and clear will make good photoshop project cars.

I made it to trackday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006 01:18 
alrite mate all sounds great you have pm i am currently looking at koni yellows and spax springs ill tell you what the outcome is thanks very much :D

Post subject: Update on my lancer
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 07:23 
Here is an udpate on my mivec i have lowered it 35mm at the rear and 45mm at the front and the clutch release bearing had gone so i replaced the entire clutch with an exedy triple plate clutch and i just set up a cold air feed to my induction kit its a bit messy but i will hopefully be cleaning it up at the weekend any other idea's what i should do with my car and any positive critism is welcome

and which of these two alloys do you prefer i prefer the first set

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 08:08 

First set... I have a set of those in White :D Beautiful!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 09:07 
yeah id say the first set too...

the second set if it was a gen1 hatch

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 09:52 

I'd see if you can find some black mesh to cover up that piping on the bumper... make it look a bit more stockl

I made it to trackday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 10:13 

second as they are the lightest japanese wheel. and titanium silver as gold and black aint that pretty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 10:30 
sorry mate forgot to say i decided on bronze as the colour for the car want it to be a bit different you know but the second set are growing on me but not as much as the first set and im cleaning that up at the weekend using the original grill going to cut a hole and clean it up after that try and keep her looking as subtle as possible the future mods i have are struts braces front and rear upper and lower which have been arranged and has anyone any idea's on getting power or any others mods that should be done ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 14:55 

Yeah gold one look nice on there own, but in NZ gold on a black car is common on the old subaru legacys etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 18:10 

mitserwilko wrote:
has anyone any idea's on getting power or any others mods that should be done ??

How big is your bank account...

i'd save and get the head ported planned and polished, then get some nice fast road cams, extractors, exhaust, cold air box (you have the intake),

then you have done the more basic stuff...

I made it to trackday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006 18:10 
go for the second one g.they look sick,the car is looking nice bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2006 00:05 
The air-intake is good just a point about the pod-filter, maybe just sheld the pod-fiilter so thy hot air drives pass instead of sucking hot plus cold air in together..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next