Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 22 Jul 2018 18:02

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 May 2007 13:07 
yes i bought the strut off tin tin on irishmoc sound lad very reliable thats a pic of it on his car as i dont have one of it on mine and yes thats true but you can see it the petrol gauge if you really need to while trying not to take your eye's off the road :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007 10:05 
I will be buying the lights from this evo i have been talking to the guy that owns it they are carbon fibre lights and then some smoked side repeaters.

here is a pic of the headlights:

he is also going to fabricate a cold air box and a pipe for the filter like this one:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cf ... rID=646183

what do you's think im also thinking of taking out the high beam light and having a cold air feed into my, in the making cold air box also is relocating the battery to beside the fuse box a good idea or should i look at putting it into the boot??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007 11:01 

Go for the boot, your engine bay will look so much better for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007 11:09 
ok mate will do what do is it hard to do?

and what do you think of the front headlights on the red evo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007 11:21 

I'd do a search on battery relocation, I think there's an FAQ on it here or MSPORT or NZMMC.
It's not too hard, just running a big battery cable and mounting the battery securely in the boot, in a container to catch the acid should the car end upside down. (And vent the gas outside as batteries give off hydrogen when charging, think Hindenburg disaster....)

As for the headlights, yeah look very cool but I'm not the best in the art department, I prefer killing cars on forestry roads :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007 11:35 
well i think you have done a nice job in the art department on the rally colt i think it looks savage,

ill have to look more into the moving of the battery dont want no disasters anyway :lol:

Post subject: 01 November 2007
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007 09:15 
Just a little update i bought a 4-1 rpw manifold koni yellow shocks tein S-tech springs a rear ralliart strut brace and front underbrace that has to be fitted and also sprayed the grill so its no longer chrome (thanks god) and added some new front indicators here are the pics anyway

the car is away at the min getting the paint cleaned up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007 09:23 
The car is away at the minute having the paint cleaned up and also did anyone else find the manifold sat a bit low and if so is there anyway to resolve this problem.

i would also like to know will a rear swaybar reduce the swing im getting from the car as in its a small bit tail happy at time's around corner's and what other handling modification should i look at??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007 09:51 

Firming up the rear will make it more tail happy. Whats you wheel alignment like? You need to have neutral or rear toe in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007 11:58 
i had the wheel allignment done the other day the rear toe is left 0 degrees 10' and right is the same and the total is 0 degree's 19' does that sound right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007 13:08 

As long as thats toe in its fine. It should be as its actually hard to get it to toe out on the mirage/lancer.

Also check your handbrake is fully releasing as if its sticking it'll make the back hang out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2007 00:03 
no the handbrake is fine i did have a seized rear caliper but thats fixed now and its only if i turn the wheel from side to side when moving i get like an after wobble also i think my shocks on the rear are set to soft when they should be set to hard the same as the fronts

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2007 15:44 

You usually hace hard rear and soft front to get the tail around. You sure you aren't just sliding out at the front?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2007 08:20 
No the front is very stable its just when im in a straight line and i turn the wheel slightly from side to side i get an after wobble from the rear and was just wondering is that regular i had it before with my other suspension also and found it has been better since i put the rear strut brace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2007 08:26 

Oh, so its not losing grip it just rocks?

Then harden up the rear shocks and uprate the swaybar, you'll need to soften the front as you get better grip at the softer end of a car. The swaybar does most of the body roll control, but the stronger it is, the worse the snap back if you do over do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next