Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 19 Oct 2018 15:08

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2017 22:27 
Offline

Joined: 18 Jul 2016 21:33
Posts: 10
Country: New Zealand
I brought this little beast from a panel beater that had planned to kept it to build into his dream entry level track car.
I'd always know about the Mivec mirage as I've normally always repped FXGT's after owning a few 4AGES.
I Brought this little rage in pretty poor state. It had hit a possum and wrecked the front bumper and front lip (Which seem to be VERY rare in this country. NZ) And also came on steelies with belt showing tires.
Image
website for uploading photos

I got the front bumper, minus half a lip and started to build a fibreglass lip. It was looking good in my mind but I had too many mates talk me out of it even thought it was just a functional lip for downforce on the track, Sadly I gave into the per pressure and brought a Ca4a front lips from Singapore which turned up looking more like a pretzel.
Image
website for uploading photos
Image
website for uploading photos

Not long after this I upgraded the front brakes to EVO 3 Rotors (Drilled out to 4x100) calipers and pads. The brakes on the mirage already were pretty good being racing pads and slotted rotors installed by the previous owners but as soon as I fitted the EVO calipers and rotors and took these little things for a good run, It was very apparent why it was a common swap. The car would almost lift the ass under hard breaking, Nose bleed type of braking haha
Image
website for uploading photos
Image
website for uploading photos
Image
website for uploading photos
They only just cleared my Rays 15's after grinding back the casting marks. (After wheel balancing the calipers were ripping my wheel weights off haha)

I never liked the intake pipe on the rage and had hoped do away with it so I started to record me build a cold airbox for it, step by step to hopefully inspire others and show that composite isn't that hard, After viewing my footage half way through I noticed it was to LONG and to CRINGE haha Made my die out of a old real estate sign with super glue and packing tape. When I got my mold, I coved all the edges with car bog and sprayed it with a few coats of spray putty. Sanded it all flat. My pipe I wrapped my carbon over polystyrene and melted it away with acetone. The first pipes were a tester. My second tubes I still used polystyrene but faired it very well. Took many hours. A few weeks later, I found I could buy carbon tube on trademe for less than I paid for the carbon mat haha

Will update very soon with more recent stuff and before and now photos. Unfortunately half the photos I am uploading are over 700 pixels high.. This is like 2001 all over again. Cheers guys


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group