Mivec Owners Group

It is currently 16 Oct 2018 05:49

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Supern0va's 4G69 Mirage
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014 01:23 

Hi All,

Well, its been a while since I've last posted anything about the car. I last ran the car at the NSW Drag Racing Championship Round 5 in July of 2013. The clutch was slipping a lot after that round so I thought I would replace it. I took the car off the road soon after and pulled everything apart (took motor, gbox etc out). I thought I might as well do a bunch of other stuff to the car whilst it was off the road such as wire tuck, more weight reduction etc. A few things happened in my life where I wasn't able to work on the car that much and then after a couple months off the road I just lost motivation to continue with the project - so yeh its been off the road for 6 months now.

BUT I'm back baby :D lol

2014 is here and somehow I've gotten really pumped up to continue with the car. The major thing I want to do this year is enter the NSW Drag Racing Championship from the beginning and see how I go in the Super Street Class. The super street class is for cars running between 11.00 to 12.99 sec's down the 1/4 mile. The car does have Rego but I'm going to set it up as light as possible yet still drivable. I'm more then happy to take it off the road if any defects were to happen. Ill only be driving the car to car related events such as Sydney Dragway or the occasional car meet up. I've got another car to get around in.

I started doing car related stuff since about last week. Its mainly been cleaning up the garage and getting rid of everything I wont need for the car/direction of the car. So I've thrown out all the interior bits and pieces that I was keeping just in case I wanted to go back to stock. Ill be keeping a record from now on but since the car last ran in July of 2013 this is what ive done:

- Bought and Installed an OEM Clutch (did this last year sometime)
- Cut up dash to reflect drag racing-ness (saved about 4.5kg doing this)
- Removed a few things such as water spray reservoir, Horns, little plastic clips here and there, small bits of wiring, interior light, removed a bit more panel glue, cleaned interior of the car a bit more, removed 1 strut from boot lol

The major thing to do in the next couple weeks is to redo the wiring from scratch. I'm going to have an ignition switch panel with a fuse/relay panel sitting in behind the dash. So yeh completely rewiring everything only leaving what I need.

I was excited to post up the car again so I may have forgot a few things but there is more to come! Stay tuned.

Here are some pics of the car currently:

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014 01:24 

Hey,

Did a few more things today.

Picture 1
Here is how the engine is sitting at the moment. I put some more things back in the engine bay such as radiator, overflow bottle, installed battery, installed intake, purge canister, headers and headlights. I need to have everything back together before starting to rewire everything as that will be how the engine will sit.

Picture 2,3,4
Two of the main wires I've ran already are the Alternator and Starter Motor. The Alternator wire was run underneath the radiator. Normally the Engine Bay Fuse Box Loom would run under the radiator but because I've taken that out, it frees up that space.

I used some Clips and cable ties to hold things down. Thankfully I didn't need to extend or shorten any wires so it worked out well. I simply put some electrical tape around the conduit and made it nice and neat.

As you can see the wires come out nicely in good location for the battery. I still have to add a terminal for the ground wire and the starter wire so will get to that soon.

Picture 5
For some more weight reduction I removed the Indicator/Headlight/Wiper Stalks and also the Key Barrel/Steering Lock. All up these two items came in at 1.2KG together. It makes things look a lot neater as well.

Picture6
Just thought Id take this photo to show how it sits at the moment.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014 01:25 

Hey All,

Did a few things to the car when I could in the past week or so. I got myself some supplies from bunnings and jaycar just to start mocking things up. Started to run some wire to figure out the lengths I need which go back to a central panel on the firewall. Bought a switch panel off ebay which doesn't look too bad :)

For a bit of fun weight reduction I took the hatch off and started cutting it up where I could. The hatch weighs in at 13.5kg, so far I've taken out nearly 1kg from it.

I've entered into the All Motor Class in Jamboree 2014 at Sydney Dragway. I entered in the event last year where I ran a 13.665 with stock suspension and tyres. This is a confirmed entry so no backing out now lol. Hopefully with slicks, new clutch and weight reduction ill be getting somewhere in the mid 12's

I've got the whole week ahead of me to work on the car so prepare for some updates!

Pic1 - Plate for wiring

Pic2 - Wires running in engine bay 1

Pic3 - Wires running in engine bay 2

Pic 4 - boot and switch panel

Pic5 - weight reduction :)

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014 01:26 

Hey All,

Ok so Major Update 4. Basically Ive been sleeving and continuing on with the engine bay wire tuck. Instead of mixing and matching wires I used the same color wires as factory for all connectors as it gives me a couple benefits such as allowing me to troubleshoot easier if anything goes wrong and ive used the same guage wiring throughout.

I neeeded to extend pretty much every wire so I went through all my old spare wiring ive got to get the exact wires I needed. Took awhile to extend and figure out how long each one needs to be.

I also wanted to get every wire sleeved to make it look really good. I probably spent about $75 at jaycar just buying sleeving in all different sizes but It really makes everything look alot neater and presentable.

In terms of routing the wires. All sensors off the motor went down under the intake manifold through into the firewall. I had to create a bigger hole in the firewall to allow all the wires to go through. It wasnt much though. Total size of the hole is 36mm. the standard hole was about 25mm.

Other wires such as Alternator, Headlights, Indicators, Radiator Fan, Starter Motor Solenoid and Main Power all went underneath the guards. Extensive use of cable ties has occurred lol. They're Black though so it doesnt stand out too much.

Heatshrink was used at the ends of the wires to make it look better. Also used some cable joiners for the bigger wires such as Power, Starter and Ground as it was easier then soldering and crimping.

Engine Bay Wiring is now done. All wires have been run into the cabin and the next process is to setup the relays/power/ecu. I can see it taking another 25hours or so to get done. Wiring just takes a bunch of time.

Also for a bit of fun and to mix things up. With the help of friends we did a few more things. The dash was cleaned up a bit more so it looks nice and horizontal.

Yukbumer decided to be a bit fancy and do a hectic intake setup for drags. Scroll to the last Pic's to see what he did :D lol its epic

Pics will speak for themselves. Ill update next when anything interesting has been done :D

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014 04:57 

car is looking better every time i check it out :P

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014 07:32 

nice...

Or clik link : http://www.wasap.my/60197602644
Ig : Mivec Store